“If you’re brave enough to say goodbye, life will reward you with a new hello.” – Paulo Coelho

Namasté y’all 🙂

I’ve been working at the bungalow village here in Cambodia for a month now and with the guests coming and going so frequently, something in me was triggered. I’ve never been great at goodbyes and would rather hold on to everything I already have now, but here, where I’m constantly saying goodbye to not only guests but to what I’m familiar with, I’m beginning to understand the growth in goodbye.

I meet guests, get close to them, then they leave and continue their journey. Even though I establish these connections then say goodbye suddenly, there’s a growth in the goodbye. The growth, for me, is in letting go and trusting that I’ll meet others, create friendships with others, and will learn something new.

The continual process of letting go and trusting reminds me a lot of yoga. In yoga class, it’s easy to get bogged down in a difficult pose until we understand that we’ll move to another pose soon enough. Even when we don’t like the pose we’re in or we feel it’s too hard, we can be reassured in knowing that we’ll move through it.

—–Same thing with life—–

In life, the only thing we know to be constant is change. Inevitably things and people flow in and out of our life for reasons we may not know or understand. What I have come to understand is that my life long work is accepting those things that move in and out of my life by saying goodbye to whatever leaves and hello to whatever comes (on and off my mat).

I’ve seen the picture below a lot on social media and it makes me think of the growth in saying goodbye. What if we said goodbye to that thing we’re holding on so tightly to for something better in return?

Maybe goodbye to a pessimistic mindset, negative people in your life, or a fear holding you back? Whatever it may be for you, I’ll be working on growing through my goodbyes and would love it if you’d join me 🙂

Please comment below and share your thoughts on saying goodbye or let me know if you have any questions, comments, or just want to say hi 🙂

26 thoughts on “Growth In Goodbye

• Charlotte Evans

Wow, look at how God is using you, and allowing you to grow and trust him…even though you come from a family of adventurous and world travelers; not may people know the story of how me (your mom) told the taxis driver when we arrived in Kampot, Cambodia not to stop the engine because “we’re not staying”…I had to let go and trust God, for your protection and ministry to serve. Now in just 1 month your growth is just a sign, that if we “Step a Side” and allow God to lead he will protect and our tests will become our Testimonies….love you baby girl #proudmom

• Chardé

Yes ma’am! Exactly that and thank you so much for the words 🙂 Letting go and saying goodbye is the hard part, but everything since then has been amazing so I’m glad we all trusted the path!

• Tiffany Jackson

Hi Charde, Love the message! Here’s to growth 🙌🏾😍

• Herb Evans

There is so much wisdom learned in this blog and it amazing how God uses different situations to grow our faith in Him! Just know that we are always here for you and we’re so proud of you! #SuperProudDad

Wow, thanks so much! I truly do and being here has reinforced that <3

• Kelsey

Girl! Yes! Yes! Yes! Omg this hit my heart so deep! Completely new perspective on not only goodbyes but new hello’s. Definitely one of the best messages and this will stick me on my some of my new journeys for sure! Woah. Literally took my breath away reading this! This is very reaaallll!!! ♥️

God is doing amazing things with you! Love you so much and miss you terribly but always feel your spirit with me, walking with me.

Here’s to new hello’s and growth with goodbye’s!

• Chardé

Oh my gosh, I’m so glad this spoke to you as much as it did for me that makes me really happy! Thank you so much for the continued kind words, love, and support!

I love you and miss you so so much 🙂

• Kim

So I read your blog on goodbye and I don’t say goodbye much, although lately there have been situations that I have been struggling to say goodbye to. Like being in that difficult pose for a short time but it seems like forever to be able to move on to the next… knowing the situation will not last forever but you can move on. The comfort of knowing the goodbye is going to welcome a hello… which makes the smile I say goodbye with even bigger and better because there is a new fresh, exciting hello coming! #sweetwordstoremember

• Chardé

Yes! I love that perspective and it does make saying goodbye so much easier if you know it’s only to welcome something else 🙂 so glad this spoke to you within your different areas of life!

• Deneshia McIntosh

Charde what a beautiful message you just shared! You have quite a way with words and it truly opens up a new perspective on the simple and complex things in life. Keep up the great work and I look forward to your next post!

• Chardé

Wow Deneshia that’s so sweet of you to say <3 thank you so much for all of your love and support 🙂

• Kathy

Great word Charde. Thank you so much for sharing this. Love seeing what God is doing in your life and how you have been so open to hear from Him.

Thank you so much! The more I open up, the more I hear 🙂

• ChannieMeans

This perspective, your perspective gives life! It really resinsted within my spirit because I believe in celebrating “new beginnings” that God allows for re-positioning us…..in our growth!
    I’m enjoying your journey, and growth!!🌟

• Chardé

Thank you so much & yes, celebrating those new things in our life allows for some amazing growth!

• Ashley Arogunmati

Hi love!! This post was so great 🙂 I’m glad you are seeing the bigger picture in things and “growing in goodbyes.” A friend of mine sent the picture above with the teddy bear and trusting God yesterday actually and it definitely fit for a certain aspect of my life! I love that it goes for any situation! Miss you bunches 😘😘

• Chardé

Thank you love <3 and wow what timing! I'm so glad this resonated with you, miss you too :*

• Marcia Roberts

Saying goodbye is always hard, but I have learnt that saying it is growing in Faith and strengthening our trust in God.

Looking forward to meeting you.

• Chardé

Yes ma’am, it is so true! I look forward to meeting you too :*

• Jon Brooks

Charde,
    Thank you for being vulnerable enough to share your journey with so many. I am blessed today by your insight and wisdom gained through the “letting go” process. I am asking God to open my eyes to the things that I might be grasping onto with all my might, keeping me from what great things He might be wanting to present to me. You are amazing and I lift you up in prayer constantly. Blessings and love from the Brooks clan!!!

• Chardé

Wow, thank you for those sweet words they really mean a lot to me. In learning to let go I’ve welcomed so many new things, I was so happy to share! Thank y’all for the love and blessings <3

• Mitchell Pou

It’s such a simple message but a very deep concept on everything in life. When you so afraid of saying goodby to your normal routine in life you miss out on all those new doors you never open. I love the message and me and my daughter love the videos god bless

• Chardé

That is exactly right Mitchell! Thank you so much for the kind words and for the support 🙂 I hope the videos are a blessing to y’all!

• Jennifer Bass

Chardé,

Thank you for sharing yourself with us. We have so many memories attached to those goodbyes. Some good. Some not so great in some cases. Yes, there is growth in the goodbye. And if we are not ‘mature’ with a failing memory, we can hold onto those memories. We are here on this earth to love and to help others along their path. If we hold on and not say goodbye, then it holds is back in being present and available to loving and helping the next person God places in our path. I hope you have great memories to reflect on. I’m sure they do of you and appreciate who you were with them. Loving you from afar. Sending a big hug. Until we meet again.

• Chardé

So true and such loving words, thank you! I am making such great memories here and am constantly sending love back home 🙂 Thank you again